Please telephone the surgery to ensure you are living within our catchment area.
Our practice catchment area covers most of the postcode area of N4.
We only accept patients in our catchment area. For those who are registered outside of our catchment area, you may receive a letter asking you to re-register with a practice local to you for clinical safety reasons.
We can only accept patients from our practice area, the receptionist will check to see if your address falls in the practice area. We can register new patients at any time during our opening hours.
To enable registration you will be need to provide the following information:
- A GMS1 Registration Form completed with your NHS Number (we are unable to register you without your NHS Number, you can get this from your previous GP Surgery).
- A completed New Patient Registration Form
- A completed Registration Form for Children
- Proof of ID (Photo ID – Passport or Driving Licence)
- Proof of Address (recent Utility Bill, i.e. gas, electric or council tax bill)
Email the signed documents to us.
New Patients Check
We ask all new patient to complete a short health questionnaire and make an appointment for a brief health check.
You will be registered to the practice rather than to a specific doctor, which means you have the option of seeing any of the Doctors at the practice.
The Doctors are happy to see patients who are temporarily resident in the practice catchment area should medical advice be required. In this instance persons wishing to be treated should state that they are a temporary resident when reporting to reception.
To register you will need to bring your passport and complete our Temporary Resident Registration. Please call reception to ask about this.